Blessings raining down.

Sometimes Yah has a way of seeming distant, and sometimes he feels so close; like he was sitting with you this whole time.  And then sometimes, on the rare occasion,  he see's to just where you in his blessings and the love feels like more than you can take.

This Chanukah has been one of those times for me. See, my husband and I have certainly not been wanting.  God has always provided for us, but sometimes things would get so tight that I'd struggle to trust in that provision. A few years ago there was a bad hunting season, and buying meat stretched us hard. This year's season  was even  worse and the budget was even  tighter. I kept praying, please Yah, give me faith a day assurance that this will be okay. Only to get further discouraged by our dishwasher  reading down, flooding my kitchen in the process, and then a speeding ticket. Now yes, the ticket was my fault. Consequences for actions and all that. Nevermind my own horrid financial sense, the family wallet has always needed to be in my husbands grip. A Dutch Jew who does well by the stereotype.

Well, Yah came through something fierce. An online friend, whom I barely know, asked to send me a gift.  One she'd prayed and believed she was to send me. I couldn't believe it when  it was Slaying the Debt Dragon, by  Cherie Lowe! I instantly dove into reading this book and found it to be one of the best books for tackling debt and finances. Giving me advice in a way that made it personal and relate-able. Certainly some large aspects that I will be using in the future and have already begun to use, like making a debt fighting tracker in my Bullet Journal. What an amazing gift to help me never end up in this situation again!

But this wasn't all Yah did for us in a matter of a couple days. He also gave us a financial blessing through my husband's work that helped us to breathe and see a miracle in His provision for us. This year, I will not have to be concerned of the coming grocery budget, we have been provided for in God's great Mercy. I am saddened that this was something I doubted, something I had concerns for at all; who am I to doubt my Elohim? The Almighty tells us 365 times in Scripture to not fear, and assures us many times over that he will provide. This he proved to us in a very big way!

Sometimes we struggle to feel Yeshua's presence in our lives. Doubt can creep in and concerns and fear begin to take over. Personally it's a regular battle with Anxiety. One that Yahweh has stepped forward to remind me this year that I can beat, that He already has defeated it. How can I fear when I see what he has done for us? Who am I to doubt his providence that he has promised me and thus doubt his very word? How humbling to realize what it means when I let anxiety in and take a grip on me! That's exactly what I am doing, doubting what he has told me in his Word is true. Doubting the promises in scripture. Doubting Yeshua's love for me.

May this year end be forever a reminder to me that Yahweh is always near. He always hears my prayers. He is always there to catch me and guide me. And may I go into 2017 renewed and refreshed, stronger than ever, and staying all the closer to my Shepard. This sheep is done being anxious for the future.