Torah Puppets

So I'm about to enter the dark side of blogging, endorsement. I am not paid to write this post, I just felt it needed to be shared as a Mama for other Mamas who are looking for good, educational entertainment for their kids!

We know from the Shema that we are to teach the Bible to our children in many ways through every day, but sometimes that is easier said than done! There are many bible based video series which are wonderful, like What's in the Bible or the Animated Bible. And some which are great for biblical principals like Monster Truck Adventures and Theo. But to find something that is also beneficial as a Torah Observant believer is tough!

I heard a few times in groups on Facebook about Torah Puppets, but never got a lot of information on it. What little i heard was both positive and concerning, some comments where phrased to make me thing it wasn't Messianic, but Jewish. So I shy'd away from finding out more. It wasn't until a matter of weeks ago that a thread came up going further in depth on what it teaches that I actively aught it out. 

What I have since found is that this is, currently, the best source of education entertainment for my six year old and five year old and they absolutely love it! It's available on YouTube with twenty to twenty five minute episodes designed for the Hebrew Roots Network on television. We don't have standard TV, so YouTube on the laptop is as good as it gets for us. You can also buy a few DVDs from their website at TorahPuppets.com. We've done this so we have Torah Puppets even when camping or on the road. 

Each episode starts with a shofar, and the Shema sung in Hebrew. Just a few weeks in and my kids can both sing along amazingly well! Afterwards it goes into a puppet show that teaching wonderful concepts, biblical principals, the gospel and scripture. As a mom it is integrally important to my selfish side that I can handle Listening to shows they watch and I'm sure I'm not alone! It can be painful at times to listen to some scripts for children with repetitions etc, but not Torah Puppets. The script is well done enough that I can even enjoy listening to it and now and then pick up small tidbits. It's truly been a pleasure.

On the downside it is a low budget production, which is understandable. The video and sound quality have some to be desired but they certainly aren't deal breakers and the quality doesn't seem to have any negative effect on keeping my young children focused.

So in the end I have to give Torah Puppets a loud four out of five stars! It would be perfect but for the quality in the production. I am sure in the future the production quality will match the content quality as their audience grows and contributes! I highly encourage any parent who is trying to teach their children the relevance of Torah in their walks with the Messiah to check out this show.